After a long working day, odor from clothes can be really bothering. And normally, we look for the answer to how to dispel odor from the clothes. Well, using fabric freshener spray is most effective among many other ways. Fabric freshener spray can remove bad odor from your clothes and keep good smells all day long. You can use it also to refresh your fabric-made items, carpet, sheet, and furniture.
However, what can bring you in some trouble is finding the best fabric freshener spray. As options are limitless, you can feel overwhelmed to pick the right spray. This guide can be helpful in that case. You can get an idea freshener spray for clothes and furniture are great to serve rightly. An additional buying guide will help you to decide yourself from other options as well.
- Top 9 Best Fabric Freshener Sprays Reviews for Clothes & Furniture in 2022
- 1. Febreze Fabric Refresher & Odor Eliminator Spray – Extra Strength & Unstopables Fabric Freshener
- 2. Ayadara Natural Fabric Freshener Spray – Linen and Fabric Deodorizer Spray Bedding, Pillow, Blanket, Sheet, Clothing, Carpet & Couch
- 3. Clorox Scentiva Multi-Use Fabric Freshener for Clothes, Upholstery, Curtains & Carpets
- 4. Aromasong All Natural Room & Linen Spray | Odor Eliminator for Furniture: Couch, Sofa, Bedding, Sheets, and Pillow
- 5. San Francisco Soap Company Egyptian Cotton & Linen Spray
- 6. Grab Green Natural Fabric & Room Air Freshener
- 7. Febreze Fabric Refresher Pets Odor Eliminator Air Freshener
- 8. DRMTLGY Lavender Essential Oil and Chamomile Pillow Spray, Linen Mist, and Fabric Spray
- 9. Downy Wrinkle Release Spray, Odor Eliminator, Fabric & Clothing Refresher Spray
- Things to Consider when Buying Freshener Spray for Fabric, Furniture, Clothes, and Upholstery
- FAQ’s on Fabric Freshener and Refresher Spray
- Final Words
Top 9 Best Fabric Freshener Sprays Reviews for Clothes & Furniture in 2022
- Febreze Fabric Refresher & Odor Eliminator Spray
- Ayadara Natural Linen & Fabric Deodorizer Spray
- Clorox Scentiva Multi-Use Fabric Freshener
- Aromasong All Natural Room & Linen Spray
- San Francisco Soap Company Egyptian Cotton & Linen Spray
- Grab Green Natural Fabric & Room Air Freshener
- Febreze Fabric Refresher Pets Odor Eliminator
- DRMTLGY Lavender Essential Oil & Chamomile Spray
- Downy Wrinkle Release Spray, Odor Eliminator
Confused to find the ideal freshener sprays? Wait no further, we have come up with the 9 best options from where you can easily pick one for refreshing your clothes and fabric-made furniture.
1. Febreze Fabric Refresher & Odor Eliminator Spray – Extra Strength & Unstopables Fabric Freshener
Tired of pet smells, body odors, or smoky smells on fabrics? Wish you could wash them but it’s impossible? Put your laundry soap bar aside and get rid of odors with a Febreze fabric refresher.
This amazing fabric refresher not just masks the stinky smell, it promises to clean the smell away from your fabrics and leave a light and lively fragrance. And it works not just on fabrics but it ultimately helps you achieve a nice, freshened-up room.
If you are worried about how you are going to remove odors from the carpet or upholstery fabrics, this fabric refresher is just the thing you need. You can easily clean those soft fabrics on a weekly basis just by spraying this fabric refresher.
This fabric freshener works on curtains, rugs, beds, and you can even keep it in your car to get a nice ‘just out of laundry’ fragrance. Plus, it contains natural ingredients, so you don’t need to worry about getting poisonous chemicals on your fabrics.
- Eliminates odor effectively; gives fresh fragranced clothes.
- Capable of eliminating pet odors, body odors, and smoke smells.
- Works perfectly on fabrics that are hard to wash.
- Works fine on the vehicle interiors; ensures a fresh driving.
- You may find it very strong.
- Not recommended using on suede, leather, water spotting fabric, or silk.
Read Next: The Top 5 Fabric Stiffener Options
2. Ayadara Natural Fabric Freshener Spray – Linen and Fabric Deodorizer Spray Bedding, Pillow, Blanket, Sheet, Clothing, Carpet & Couch
The key reason to pick this as the second fabric freshener spray is its significant efficiency and user-friendliness. It offers gentle and safe fabric spray that is free from parabens, overpowering aroma, and artificial scent. The lavender scent creates a comfortable environment that helps you enjoy the utmost relaxation.
This Ayadara fabric refresher leaves a long-lasting scent on the fabric. Not like other sprays, it is produced with a proper blend of Peppermint Oil, Clary Sage Oil, and Tea Tree Oil which aids to remove all foul odors while adding a relaxing and cool aroma to the surroundings.
Anybody will like the spray bottle’s design. It looks great and convenient. You can hold the bottle easily and spray more than 2000 times. This odor eliminator is ideal to use on bed linen, coach, and other fabric furniture. It always instantly eliminates pesky odors and ensures a purified living space.
- Instant odor remover for all fabric items in your room.
- Free of artificial fragrances, all natural ingredients create a soothing environment.
- Long-lasting fabric refresher; freshens up clothes for a long time.
- Convenient bottle design, easy to use.
- The scent it provides is very mild.
3. Clorox Scentiva Multi-Use Fabric Freshener for Clothes, Upholstery, Curtains & Carpets
Ever got a chance to breathe in the air of fresh Brazilian blossoms? If not, I got good news! You don’t need to go to Rio de Janeiro to breathe in some Brazilian air; you can get an experience of a fresh Brazilian blossom at home!
All you need is just a few sprays of this Clorox Scentiva fabric refresher and your unwashed fabrics will turn into freshly fragranced blossoms. This amazing fabric refresher spray is enough to transform those stinky, difficult-to-wash fabrics into lively scented fabrics.
If your room is completely stuffed with malodorous upholstery fabrics, don’t worry. This fabric refresher is here to help. It can be used on various types of fabrics, from bedding and upholstery to cloths and pet beds.
Spray the refresher maintaining an 18 to 24-inch distance from the fabric. Make sure you spray over all the stinking fabrics and don’t forget the carpet too. So, say goodbye to stubborn odors because a fragranced Brazilian blossom is just a few sprays away!
- Multi-use; works fine on various occasions.
- Capable of eliminating pet odors.
- Light and fresh smell; no need to worry about headaches.
- Works great on hard to wash upholstery fabrics.
- You can notice bad results on a water spotting fabric, silk, leather, or suede.
4. Aromasong All Natural Room & Linen Spray | Odor Eliminator for Furniture: Couch, Sofa, Bedding, Sheets, and Pillow
Aromasong comes with this amazing room spray. It can also be used on linen products like sofa, bedding, and pillows. It’s great to uplift your feelings. The green tea smell ensures a relaxing environment and comfortable sleeping. To achieve a healthy and pleasant way of living while at home or on tour, always this spray can be your great companion.
This fabric deodorizer spray is manufactured in a very controlled way. All relevant things are proven in the lab and the manufacturer confirms that it lasts longer and leaves a cool smell on the fabrics. It’s more than an ordinary odor remover as it removes bad smells and changes the environment with natural fragrances.
With all its air-freshening features, it comes with a very user-friendly mechanism. You can hold the bottle easily and spray it directly on the fabrics. The room will be free of musty smells. Moreover, you can use it if you’re incapable to sleep quickly.
- Removes odor from pets, trash, or a dirty carpet.
- Made of using essential oils and natural extracts.
- Adds Green Tea smell in the room and on the fabrics.
- Helps to sleep well and gives you a refreshed mind.
- All the users don’t like the Green Tea smell.
5. San Francisco Soap Company Egyptian Cotton & Linen Spray
Who wouldn’t like freshly scented clean linens? Ever imagined you can find exactly the same fragrance of those freshly scented linens inside a spray bottle? Behold, the Egyptian Cotton Linen Spray; a freshener that gives a light and lively cotton fragrance to delight your senses.
San Francisco Soap Company brought to you this unique fragrance that you will fall in love with again and again. You can use this multi-use freshener on various types of fabrics from car mats to upholstery. You may use it on pillows and bed sheets as well.
If you are thinking of ironing, think of this Egyptian cotton spray too. You can simply spray it on the clothes to get a nice and fresh cotton fragrance. And another good thing is that it comes in 16OZ spray bottles, so you get to enjoy your relaxing cotton linen spray for a longer time compared to small bottles.
- Very fresh and wonderful scent for your quality times with family.
- Can be used on various types of fabrics; fresh sheets and curtains.
- Great as upholstery and car freshener; saves money on cleaning them.
- Perfect as a complete room and office freshener.
- It may not last long as you expected.
6. Grab Green Natural Fabric & Room Air Freshener
It’s troublesome to wash your clothes, bed sheets, and fabric upholstery daily or frequent basis. Many hassles are there in cleaning them and you also don’t like the bad odors from them. Therefore, what’s the quickest solution?
Well, we have come up with the Grab Green natural fabric freshener. Use it to freshen up anything in your house made of fabrics. It’s a combo of 3 bottles, each containing 7 ounces. So, it’s quite a big package that you can use for cleaning and deodorizing your clothes and other fabrics.
This product is mainly the fabric refresher but it also works great to eliminate bad odors from the bathroom and kitchen. It’s excellent for scenting your home air. Plus, it provides refreshed linens and other fabrics you wear regularly.
Another thing worth mentioning is that it doesn’t include any harmful chemicals in its composition. With green chemistry and natural ingredients, this air freshener is just an amazing product that gives you the best feeling always.
- Made of non-toxic ingredients, safe for the environment.
- Available in different scents, select your option.
- A multipurpose air refresher, also good for fabrics.
- Satisfying result, keep the air fresh for an extended period.
- Not suggested to use it around your pets.
7. Febreze Fabric Refresher Pets Odor Eliminator Air Freshener
Febreze came up with a solution for disgusting pet odors. If you are a pet lover this one is just the thing you need. I mean think of it, no outsider will love your rugs or upholstery smelling like your pet!
No worries. Doesn’t matter which pet you are keeping, this air freshener has come with the solution. It eliminates pet odors pretty well. Getting rid of disgusting pet odor is just a few sprays away with this pet odor eliminator air freshener. It not only helps you to get rid of the stinky smell but also gives a fresh fragrance to your house.
You might be thinking if it is going to be safe for your pets. And thinking that is obviously normal. To assure you of safety, Febreze promises that it is safe to use around your lovely pets. So, no worries if your cat appears out of nowhere while spraying the freshener!
It’s easy to use and works fine on sofa, rugs, and carpets; typically where your pet would take a seat. So, the best way to get rid of the pet odor without cleaning would be to spray the Febreze pet odor eliminator on those spots.
- Great pet odor eliminator; forget cat litter box smell.
- Leaves a nice and pleasant smell for clean and fresh room.
- Good for fabrics that are hard to wash like curtains, sofa, and carpets.
- Safe to spray while pets are around.
- Might not be appropriate for people with allergies or asthma.
8. DRMTLGY Lavender Essential Oil and Chamomile Pillow Spray, Linen Mist, and Fabric Spray
If you are having a hard time sleeping, this DRMTLGY Lavender Essential Oil and Chamomile Pillow Spray is just the thing you need. It comes with a combination of different natural ingredients such as chamomile, lavender, jojoba oils, and more and works as a stress-relieving spray.
Besides all the organic elements, DRMTLGY even assures you of this non-toxic product being animal cruelty-free too. Plus, because it is a non-toxic and eco-friendly product, it doesn’t contain any health hazard materials such as sulfates, parabens, formaldehyde, and more. Surprisingly, it is even alcohol-free.
It is useful for various purposes. You can use it to give a lively scent to the clothes coming directly from the dryer. Or you can use it to liven up your pillows, upholstery, car, and even your bathroom. And again, the best thing is that it contains lavender and chamomile which are proven to help you have a good sleep, so it’s a complete win-win.
- Great for making a relaxing environment; helps to sleep better.
- Multi-uses; fresh laundry and upholstery fabrics.
- Contains eco-friendly ingredients; use with confidence.
- Doesn’t contain harmful parabens, formaldehyde, and sulfates.
- Some users claim the scent doesn’t last longer.
9. Downy Wrinkle Release Spray, Odor Eliminator, Fabric & Clothing Refresher Spray
Many people don’t like strong fragrances. So, their target is to pick a fabric freshener spray that leaves a mild but pleasant scent on the fabrics. If you’re one of those people, here is a solution for you.
We have picked Downy Wrinkle Release Spray which is ideal to eliminate odor and freshen up your clothes. One more point is that you can use this spray as anti-static. Also, it’s one of the best in the market to remove wrinkles without taking the help of iron.
The Downy clothing refresher doesn’t include any harmful ingredients. Top-quality fiber relaxers, quality-controlling agents, and mild perfume are used in this spray. You can use it on almost any type of fabric. There are two bottles in this package. With its improved spray nozzle, you can use it very conveniently.
- A complete package for removing odor, static, and wrinkle.
- Ideal for students, travelers, and quick touch-ups.
- Improved spray mechanism ensures effective spraying.
- Spray it on clothes, tablecloths, curtains, sheets, and more.
- Not an ideal odor eliminator for silk and rayon.
Things to Consider when Buying Freshener Spray for Fabric, Furniture, Clothes, and Upholstery
One of the key functions of fabric freshener spray is removing odor. But when buying a freshener spray for fabric items, you will need to consider some more things. Such as:
Neutral or Scent:
In general, fabric refresher or freshener spray leaves a nice scent on the fabrics. Ask yourself, do I like the smell on my clothes or it should be neutral? There are basically two types of sprays; one comes with a mild scent and another comes without any scent.
Before purchasing, you should know which scent your chosen freshener contains. Neutral fabric freshener sprays only remove bad smells; they don’t leave any soothing smells on the fabrics.
You can choose a scented freshener also. This type of freshener removes odors and adds a nice smell to the surface. First, be sure what you want. Then, purchase a neutral or scented fabric freshener.
All the fresheners are not manufactured equally. The ingredients can be different and thus, the efficiency can also vary. Some freshener sprays start working immediately and some take time. The same amount from different brands can’t work equally. Check all these things.
You should buy a product that will work properly. If a small amount can work for a large number of fabrics, you can save your money. You can buy a concentrate fabric freshener that can be mixed with water. This type of freshener will be ideal for a large number of items.
However, the spray bottles are convenient to use. You can carry them easily and use them effortlessly when need. So, most of the users prefer this type of fabric or clothing fresheners than concentrated.
You can find different fabric fresheners that work for different purposes such as some fresheners are great to remove pet odors and some are great to remove any types of odors from fabrics. Therefore, you should be careful what freshener you need. If you want to dispel a specific kind of odor, you can find a freshener for that. But in most cases, people want a freshener that is multipurpose.
Air freshener leaves a scent on the fabric and freshens up the fabric but for how much time! It’s an important factor to consider as you don’t want to spend a smart amount without achieving a satisfying result. Generally, top-rated brands provide fabric freshener sprays that freshen up your clothes for a longer time, and the smell they leave lasts for longer.
Your budget can be different but the thing is that you can buy a fabric freshener within a different price range. In general, a quality freshener spray can be obtainable within the $10 to $20 budget. You can spend more on a large-sized bottle. Spend some time online and decide which affordable one you’re going to buy for the best result.
FAQ’s on Fabric Freshener and Refresher Spray
What Does Fabric/ Cloth Freshener Do?
With regular usage, fabric products get in contact with our body, our pets, and with the things that we use regularly; like electronic devices, food, and our other clothes. These leave traces of odor on the fabrics; they can be on a small scale to large. When we repeat our interaction with the fabric again and again we start to notice the unpleasant odor.
Generally, what fabric fresheners do is that they trap those odors until you get them thoroughly washed. It’s like postponing the wash. But if you want to get rid of the stinky smell permanently, you need to wash the fabric. That’s why fresheners are very useful when you are dealing with fabrics that are very hard to wash.
How Do You Permanently Scent Fabric?
Nothing lasts forever. The scent on the fabric is no exception. Washing can remove the scent of the fabric. But what you can do is renew the scent again by simply adding some fragrance while doing laundry. You can use essential oil for this as well.
Take one teaspoon of essential oil or your desired fragrance and add it to the fabric softener and detergent. You will get to enjoy your scented fabric again.
What Fabric Holds Scent Best?
Natural fabrics can hold the scent best. Fabrics like cotton, linen, and wool are more prone to imbibe moisture itself. When spraying on them, they absorb the scent more efficiently and the scent lasts for a longer period.
Also, remember that oil-based scent lasts longer. So if you can make a combination of natural fabrics and oil-based scents, the result will be more satisfying and lasting.
Can You Use Fabric Freshener on Clothes?
Of course, you can. I mean why not, it’s called fabric freshener! So, generally speaking, you can use freshener on clothes.
But before buying, don’t forget to check if the brand permits you to do so because some fresheners might be used only for a specific task. Like there could be freshener for upholstery only and you can’t use it on your clothes. Trust me you don’t want to smell like your couch in front of your friends!
How Long Does Fabric Freshener Last?
Well, this one depends. You see there are lots of products in the market getting negative reviews for not lasting a long time. The time varies from brand to brand. This may also depend on the amount of freshener you used on the fabric too.
That’s why when we are talking about all fabric fresheners in general, you can not specifically tell how long the scent will last. The smart decision would be to check the customer reviews before buying any products; this will give you rough ideas about how long the scent of your freshener will last. However, a quality freshener can last from a few hours to a few days.
It’s time to decide what fabric freshener spray is right for you. You can pick any of the reviewed products. All have the qualities that a top-quality clothes freshener should have.
Moreover, the included buying guide will come in handy in case if you consider buying another one instead of our selected products. That guide will help to select the best fabric refresher and will keep you away from many troubles that a non-expert can face.