Michael Kors’s purses are one of the most luxurious things you can keep in your possession. And if you want them to last forever, you need to do proper maintenance.
Yes, you can get a new one every season, but what about the limited edition ones? And you can’t use the most expensive bags every day; hence you need to clean the ones you carry all the time.
But you can’t just use any method to clean your designer handbags. So which techniques are the right ones?
Well, here is our guide on how to clean a Michael Kors fabric purse. After reading it, you won’t have to worry about anything anymore!
- How to Clean a Michael Kors Fabric Purse: All the Methods you Need
- Doing a Light Cleaning
- Doing a Deep Cleaning
- How to Clean the Michael Kors Signature Lining?
- How to Polish the Hardware?
- Tips to Maintain Your Fabric MK Handbag
- Frequently Asked Question
- Wrap Up
How to Clean a Michael Kors Fabric Purse: All the Methods you Need
I already told you that you need to take extra precautions while cleaning a designer purse. You cannot just follow any regular method or throw it into the washing machine like regular ones.
So now I am going to mention some of the safest methods that you can try to keep your MK handbags pristine. Without wasting much time, let’s get started!
Doing a Light Cleaning
This is a method you need to learn for regular maintenance of your designer handbags. If you follow this procedure, you can keep it shiny as long as you want!
Take a Damp Cloth
To clean your MK bags, the best thing you can get is a microfiber cloth. If you don’t have one at home, you can also use a sponge, but cloth is the most excellent option you have.
First of all, take a fresh and clean microfiber cloth and dampen it in warm water. Make sure that the water is neither too hot nor too cold. Always use a bowl of warm water to perform this task.
Now it is time for you to start wiping the whole bag. You can divide the entire purse into several portions and start to clean it part by part. In this way, a section won’t get dried when you are doing another one.
And always avoid the zipper as the metal can lose its shine if the water touches it.
Hang the Purse
Choose a well-ventilated area in your house and hang your purse there. When it is fully dry, you can start using it again.
Doing a Deep Cleaning
Sometimes we get stubborn stains or spots in our bags, and this method will help you to get rid of them!
Make a Soapy Solution
Take a mild detergent that you mostly use for cleaning delicate clothes. Then mix about one teaspoon of it in three cups of water. Or you can add 1 tbsp of this mild cleanser to a bowl full of water. And always use lukewarm water to make this soapy solution.
If you are not confident about the strength of the soap you are using, you can take a baby wash as they are always made with mild and safe ingredients.
Dampen the Microfiber Cloth
Now take a fresh microfiber cloth and then damp it in the mild soapy solution you just made. Make sure that the duster isn’t too wet. Otherwise, you may end up ruining the whole thing.
Dab the Purse
With the damp cloth, start dabbing your fabric purse. And you can make sections to do this task too, just like I mentioned in the previous method.
If there are any stubborn spots or stains, you can dab a little more than usual. Or you can But never use any brutal or aggressive motion as it can damage your purse pretty easily. And you don’t want that, trust me!
Get Rid of the Soap
Now it is time to get rid of the soapy solution from the surface of your purse. Rinse your damp microfiber cloth thoroughly, and then wipe the whole bag. You can repeat the process twice or thrice to ensure no soap residue is left on the fabric.
Remove the Moisture
To get rid of the excess moisture, you have to take a dry cloth and then wipe the whole bag with it. In this way, you can make sure that there isn’t any extra water particle and there will be no musty odor.
Let it Dry
When you are done with the cleaning procedure, you can let it air dry. Always ensure that it is perfectly dried, or else it will get damaged in no time!
How to Clean the Michael Kors Signature Lining?
Here is how you can clean the lining of your MK handbag.
- First, turn your handbag inside out to reveal the lining.
- Remove any dirt and debris that you may have collected from outside.
- Apply some fabric cleaner on the microfiber, or a soapy solution, then clean the lining with it.
- You can wipe the lining or gently dab the cloth all over the lining to properly clean it.
- When you are done with this task, you can air it in a well-ventilated area.
How to Polish the Hardware?
Polishing the hardware is pretty different than cleaning the fabric purse. You can try the procedure I am mentioning below.
- To perform this task, you have to dampen a melamine foam eraser.
- Now gently buff the hardware with it. You can also polish the MK logo using this method.
Tips to Maintain Your Fabric MK Handbag
- Always ensure that you are using a mild cleanser to clean the fabric of your favorite MK purse. To be on the safe side, you can use baby wash for this task.
- If you don’t have any microfiber cloths, you can use a lint-free sponge or cloth to clean the surface of your handbag.
- Before cleaning the whole purse, you need to test a small section to check if the solution is suitable for the fabric or not.
- You should avoid over-saturating any particular spot or stain too much. If you do so, you will end up creating water rings on the fabric, and it won’t look pretty at all!
- Though you need to keep your bag in a well-ventilated area to air dry, never keep it under direct sunlight.
Frequently Asked Question
Yes, if your purse doesn’t have any leather trim or metal, you can wash it like a sweater with a delicate cleanser.
Well, to maintain the top-notch condition of your designer handbag, you shouldn’t wash your bag in a washing machine. Even if you are using a delicate cycle or a baby wash, you may end up damaging your precious possession.
If you try to scrub the purse harshly using any brush, the whole thing will be ruined. So always avoid this method if you want to keep your handbag in its best condition.
Yes, you can use a brass cleaner to make your purse’s hardware as shiny as a new penny.
So now that you know the right way to clean a Michael Kors fabric purse, you can do the maintenance properly. If you